Monday, February 27, 2012

Meet Our Staff: Bill Sleeper


Once a month, Such A Voice will be highlighting a member of our staff to give you a little insight into who they are & what they do here at Such A Voice to help you get to know the people behind-the-scenes!

Meet Bill Sleeper. Bill was born in Michigan but moved to California shortly after. Most of his life was spent on the San Francisco Peninsula in Palo Alto (home to Stanford University). Bill now resides with his wife and two daughters in Oregon, just south of Portland. "What's not to love about Oregon? I could talk about recreation such as bicycling, hiking, beaches, skiing or the fabulous craft beer and local farm to fork philosophy of one of the best foodie areas in the country. I can easily sum my love of Oregon by saying that when you're driving around and you put your turn signal on, people always let you in…always! That's the kind of place I love to call home."

Bill is one of our introductory voiceover instructors. He educates people who are interested in possibly having a career in voiceovers.. He is also a voiceover coach with Such A Voice, so he has the opportunity to work with students one-on-one to teach them the intricacies of the voiceover craft. Bill also produces demos for our students in his local area.

His professional history has been largely based in a trainer/coach/mentor capacity, so linking that with his passion for voiceovers is a perfect fit. "I love to get to share in their discovery of this beautiful craft", he states. Bill enjoys the creative aspect of voiceovers and loves the fact that "voiceovers bring everything to life".

Bill is very active in the voiceover community and he's currently voicing a huge eLearning project on the drilling industry. His favorite job was voicing a Lt. Col. William Barrett Travis diary entry for the audio tour for The Alamo in San Antonio, Texas.

We were excited to learn more about Bill!


What are a few of your passions? I've been a singer/songwriter/musician for close to 30 years now. This creative outlet is what actually led me to voiceovers. So I love anything that has to do with that facet of art. I'm an avid bicycle tourist, I love having a sense of place and the memories of how I came to get there. I'm also completely immersed in the environment, I live in a state that's very nature-centric so it comes very naturally!

Where is your favorite vacation spot? I've visited Hawaii for 7 weeks of my life and have seen 5 islands. If I didn't choose Hawaii, I'd have to choose Sunriver in Central Oregon. It's a family friendly place with more activities to keep someone busy than you could ever imagine. I've visited there twenty times and I still haven't seen or done everything that they have to offer!

What is one food you absolutely love? Does beer count? I live in a state that prides itself on microbreweries and beer variety. I love the options that Oregon has to offer!

What/Who is on your playlist right now? I think that my musical selection really celebrates my roots as a musician. Jason Mraz continues to blow my mind along with other musicians such as Mumford & Sons, Adele & Joss Stone.

Do you have any advice for aspiring voiceover artists? It's not about the voice, but what you do with it. Stop performing and let your unique voice and everything about you shine through!

Written by:
Bethany Baker
Such A Voice Marketing Director

No comments:

Post a Comment