Friday, September 30, 2011

Meet Our Staff: Anne Ganguzza

Once a month, Such A Voice will be highlighting a member of our staff to give you a little insight into who they are & what they do here at Such A Voice to help you get to know the people behind-the-scenes!


Meet Anne Ganguzza. Anne grew up in the town of Rochester, NY and moved to sunny California in 2008 (Orange County, to be more specific) where she is very active in the voiceover community. Anne specializes in corporate narration, e-learning and telephony. You may recognize a few of her clients such as Kia, Advance Auto Parts, Jones & Bartlett Learning, Starline Films, Goodwill, Hong Kong Board of Tourism and many, many more! Anne is one of the people in charge of coaching our students to develop/refine their talent and to prepare them to record their demos as well as going into the studio to produce them! Anne also teaches our introductory classes mainly in Southern California. When speaking with Anne, you can truly tell that voiceovers are her calling, the enthusiasm in her voice when the topic turns to voiceovers instantly makes you smile. Anne's passion for the industry really reflects in her mentoring and coaching style (you can just ask her students, we always get fanmail regarding Anne). Anne puts it best when she says "Helping them to live their passion and discover their unique voices is my favorite part of this job".


We were excited to talk more with Anne Ganguzza:


What are a few of your passions?

Scrapbooking! It's a wonderfully creative outlet (much like voiceovers) that just plain makes me happy. I truly believe every person has a story to tell - whether it is about themselves, their loved ones or a family ancestor. It's NOT about creating a "perfect" scrapbook page, but about those precious memories that can be shared with your family and future generations to come. I am so blessed to have ancestors that left behind scrapbooks. It has given me a precious look at their lives and into their hearts that I would never have known otherwise. To me, scrapbooking is an art and an expression of love. What could be better than that?! You can see some of my scrapbooking work at: www.anneganguzza.com


I also love spinning. I have been spinning for 12 years now. It's a great exercise that I never get tired of, an amazing stress reliever and is just pure fun with great music! It's also how I met my husband - he was my spinning instructor! He still teaches today and I never miss a class!


It's a great thing that I spin, because my husband is ALSO a gourmet cook. It's hard to pick one favorite dish that I love. If I had to choose, I would say it's a toss-up between his Chicken Milanese, homemade pizza and homemade salad dressings. These will always be favorites of mine.


Where is your favorite vacation spot?

If I had my choice of anywhere in the world, I would choose Sicily or anywhere in Italy. I have been fortunate to be able to visit both on more than one occasion to see our extended family there. I could be happy doing just about anything in either place. I love the fact that I can take my voiceover career anywhere and have high hopes of eventually moving or retiring to Italy!


What's on your playlist right now?

I have such an eclectic taste in music, I really love all types. I really don't think I could pick a favorite out of everything I enjoy listening to.


Do you have any advice for aspiring voice-over talent?

Don't be afraid of failure or hard work, they are both essential to your success in this business!


Written by:
Bethany Baker
Such A Voice Marketing Director

No comments:

Post a Comment