Thursday, August 11, 2011

Meet Our Staff: Lisa Foster

Once a month, Such A Voice will be highlighting a member of our staff to give you a little insight into who they are & what they do here at Such A Voice to help you get to know the people behind-the-scenes!


Meet Lisa Foster. Lisa has been in the voice over and media broadcast industry for over twenty years. She has been fortunate to record with such household names as: Ford, Crest, Sesame Communications, Active Network, Microsoft, Sleep Train and many, many more! Lisa is one of the people in charge of coaching our students to develop/refine their talent and to prepare them to record their demos as well as going into the studio to produce them! She also teaches our introductory classes. Lisa is the type of person that always manages to make people smile when they're interacting with her. She really brings out the fun side of VO's and admits that her favorite part of working at Such A Voice is when the student has fun. "There is nothing like it, it opens them up to the whole process of polishing their product. When they let go and have fun, it's such a great thing to see!" Her sense of humor and friendly demeanor really make you feel like you're learning from a dear friend and not a "teacher". Lisa is based on the west coast in the gorgeous city of Seattle, WA.


We were excited to talk more with Lisa Foster:


What are a few of your passions?

I'm always searching high and low for unique vintage jewelry. My favorite things to collect are cocker spaniel brooches and rhinestone necklaces from the 50's. The brooches are really hard to find, but that makes the hunt for them (and the discovery of finding one) all that more exciting. I love the necklaces because they are so fun and beautifully made (who doesn't love the sparkle of rhinestones?)!

The collection of cocker spaniel brooches leads me into my next obsession, which is my love for dogs! I am madly-obsessed-in-love with my beautiful cocker spaniel, Daisy. I cannot remember a time in my life where I didn't have a dog or multiple dogs. They bring me so much joy and comfort. There is nothing like coming home and having someone so excited to see you that they can't contain their happiness!

I am also a crazy gardener. I once dug up and moved a dogwood tree 3 feet, just so I could make a nicer flower planter area around it! I always seem to be moving plants around like furniture.


Where is your favorite vacation spot?

Anywhere that has a quiet beach sounds great to me! I find the sound of water very relaxing and enjoyable.


What's on your playlist right now?

I'm currently obsessed and listening to Adele, Schuylar Fisk, Fine Frenzy and Ingrid Michaelson. I highly recommend you add these artists to your playlist!


Do you have any advice for aspiring voice-over talent?

Allow yourself to PLAY! You will discover SO much more about your own, unique talent if you give yourself room to play and discover the amazing things you can do with your voice.


Written by:
Bethany Baker
Such A Voice Marketing Director

No comments:

Post a Comment