Thursday, November 5, 2009

Meet Jim Chapman

Name & Title: Jim Chapman, Event Manager

Where Are You From
: I am originally from Cape Cod, MA, but I currently reside in Burlington, Vermont.

Job Responsibilities: I am responsible for scheduling and maintaining the relationships with the facilities that host our introductory course, "You're On the Air...How to Really Make it in Voice-Overs". I am also responsible for any other projects that find their way to my desk.

Favorite Food: I love food! If you put it on my plate and it tastes good, it's my favorite!

Hobbies: Baseball has always been my true passion. I played in college, and now I coach a local team when I'm not at Such A Voice. You can also find me on the golf the course in my spare time. -- P.S. I saw Tiger Woods play this year.

Destination Vacation Spots: I really enjoyed southern California and Las Vegas. I have never been out of the country, and I really want to go to Italy and Greece.

What are you listening to right now: Anything that comes on my playlist. This could mean anything from Lil Wayne to Britney Spears. If it sounds good and I can sing to it, it's probably on my list.

One piece of advice for aspiring voice over talent: Get out there and go after it! I'll say the same thing I tell all of my players: Don't focus on the end result; focus on what you need to do to be successful today. Find the small things like researching and contacting ten new clients a day, regardless of how things turn out. If you get after it and understand that there will be some growing pains along the way, you'll eventually get the results you're looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment