Friday, October 23, 2009

Meet Kat Maund

We are proud (and relieved!) to say that we are continuing to grow despite the economic times. It's exciting to see the voice over industry booming as technology advances as well as an increase in jobs for our students. As the industry expands, so does our team! We are excited to introduce you to a few Such A Voice team members, most of them new and some of them you've just probably never met before.

Name & Title: Katherine Maund, Social Media Marketing

From: I'm originally from Augusta, GA but currently reside in Burlington, VT and have lived in Florence, Italy for a short time.

Job Responsibilities: I am responsible for creating and managing the online identity and presence of Such A Voice by using various networks such as Twitter, Blogger, and Facebook. I tweet about up-coming events, Charlie the office dog, and additions to our programs. I try to engage and create personal relationships with our students and potential clients in online communities.

Favorite Food: As much as I try to keep the south in me tamed, I am a sucker for a rockin' bowl of cheese grits. They go even better with a fried egg on top, but that's pushing it!

Hobbies: I'm a huge music fan and love to perform. I play guitar and sing at venues around Vermont and am always down for a jam session. I also love to travel any place I can go - from biking trips around the town to plane rides to foreign countries - I love it all and want to go everywhere. If I'm not working, you can find me drinking a cappuccino, hiking, or singing in the shower. (The steam really does a number on those vocal cords! You'll go from William Hung to Pavarotti in no time!)

Destination Vacation Spot: I've traveled to Western China and all over Europe, but my favorite vaca spot would have to be Capri, Italy. I've never seen water so blue, met people so warm and passionate, or eaten such delectable cuisine.

What are you listening to right now: I'm listening to the Michael Buble station on Pandora. It's Friday and it's impossible to get down when poppy jazz is blasting.

One piece of advice for aspiring voice over talent: GET ON TWITTER. :) Social media is not the wave of the future, it's marketing at it's best right now. I think promoting your voice on social networks will give you the highest return on investment, hands down.

1 comment:

  1. Kat is probably one of the sharpest gals I know. Such a Voice is lucky to have this bubbly, witty, intelligent lady! :) Congrats to everyone.

    ReplyDelete