Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Meet Catherine Marshall

Name and Title: Catherine Marshall, Director of Public Relations

Where You're From: I was born in Kentucky, but I mainly grew up in Birmingham, Alabama. I lived in Miami, Florida for 5 years, and after that I served with the Peace Corps in Kyrgyzstan, and then lived for 1.5 years in Istanbul, Turkey. Now I'm at home in Burlington, Vermont!

Job Responsibilities: I handle press releases to the media about up-coming voice over training classes, cool things our teachers are up to, and new directions our company grows in. In addition, I write articles on the voice-over industry for internet publication, correspond with students for the newsletters, and facilitate volunteer events in the community for our teachers and employees. In my spare time I also help out with web pages and copy editing.

Favorite Food: Right now, I'm enjoying all of this New England squash and pumpkin! There's no limit to what you can do with it! Other favorites: artichoke hearts, salsa, hummus, and chocolate covered espresso beans ... but not all at the same time!

Hobbies: I have to stay physically active, and my recent obsessions have been cycling, running, and swimming. I'm a fan of making up my own triathlon routes with friends, and I'm pumped to get more into skiing this year as well. I hope I'll have opportunities to travel and meet people for the rest of my life! And dancing. All kinds, any where, any time.

Destination Vacation: I would really like to check out Argentina for the tango and for the food. If I could go anywhere in the world right now, I might just go back to Istanbul! It's full of the most wonderful, warm-hearted people, fascinating culture, breath-taking landscapes, and delicious foods.

What are you listening to right now: My favorite podcasts: This American Life, The Moth, Common Sense with Dan Carlin, Dan Carlin's Hardcore History, Vegetarian Food for Thought. Music right now: Jeff Buckley, Wax Taylor, and Devotchka.

One piece of advice for aspiring voice over talent: It's really only the dedicated ones who make it! The more diligently you practice, the more voiceover training you get, and the more consistently you audition, the greater your chances are of landing that gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment